First, let me say, if you know me at all, you know how much a care about people. Your safety and health is my absolute first concern, and I take that into my personal life. I am refraining from any risky social behaviors, I wear my mask in public every time, and I wash my hands and Purell frequently. I will not be going back to my gym, and my husband will continue taking his karate classes remotely even after they open.
It is important that you know you can trust in me even away from the salon.
I’M OUT OF WORK AND CAN’T AFFORD YOU:
If you have been out of work and desperately need a cut or color and cannot afford my prices at the moment, THERE IS NO SHAME IN THIS. If the pandemic has taught me anything, it has taught me this: we are all family now. Please message me and just be honest. We can do reduced, pay later, or if needed, just free. If you are an existing client, you will not be denied an appointment with me for monetary reasons.
MY NEW SCHEDULE:
I have a new schedule to prevent too many people in the salon at once. I’ll temporarily be working Tuesdays, and Thursdays 8-8 and maybe some Saturdays 9-2. I will not be taking new clients at this time. There will be at least one, sometimes two, other stylists working on the same day as me, with one client each. We will not be at stations directly next to each other.
I DON’T FEEL SAFE COMING TO THE SALON YET/WHAT ABOUT A PORCH CUT:
If you do not feel safe coming into the salon, please reach out to me. I will be offering outdoor haircuts on my porch one day a week in Westbrook. In a *few select* cases, I may be able to apply your color that way as well (you would wash it out yourself when you get home).
This is BY FAR the safest option I could come up with. There will be no other people around. We will be in open air, both with masks on. There are no surfaces for you to touch. I will be abiding by the same cleaning and sanitation of tools. I have a system down that is working very well for all this.
If this is something you need, please let me know. I will keep this as an option for as long as Maine weather allows. HOW IT WILL WORK: I will put you on a list for the week you are hoping for a porch cut. I will touch base the weekend before when the weather report is close enough to be more accurate. I will tell you what day looks good and we will pick a time. Please contact me before you’re desperate, as a week of bad weather will cause a delay in this process.
- You must wear a mask covering your mouth and nose for the entire duration of your service. Homemade is fine. Please have your mask on and secure before we walk into the salon together. I will have some disposable ones at the salon, so if you forget yours don’t panic or turn around to get one.
- We can not have people inside in the waiting area. You will need to wait in your car until I either text you, or come out to get you. It would help me if you texted me “here” when you arrive.
- Please leave everything you don’t need in the car, including backpacks, purses and coats.
- No one is allowed to accompany you to your appt. Even if they are family and have the very next appt after you. They must wait in the car.
- We are legally required to ask you health questions (scroll down to see the list of them) before you are allowed to enter. Please check them out in advance. You need to be able to honestly answer no to all questions to keep your appointment.
- Even if you’re “positive it’s just allergies”, please understand that we can not allow you in the building if you are experiencing any symptoms that align with COVID.
- We have a touchless thermometer and your temperature will be taken at the door. Anyone over 99.0 will need to reschedule.
- After you come into the salon, the very first thing we need you to do is thoroughly wash your hands. I will direct you to do this.
- Shampoo bowls are the highest risk as we breathe directly at each other. Therefore there will temporarily be a suspension of shampooing unless it is a color service. In these cases, you will remove your mask at the sink, and a clean towel will have to be placed over your mouth. I will be wearing a full face shield for this part as well. To cut down on exposure, this will not be the relaxing head massage style shampoo. It will be only as long as needed to get the color out.
If you are just a cut, please come with clean hair – wet or dry, doesn’t matter. It doesn’t have to be freshly washed the hour before, we just need it to be not too oily, or gummed up with heavy product.
- Although it is not mandatory, we will be refraining from blow drying unless necessary. (Necessary: to see how your color came out so I can assess if you need a toner or not). Blow dryers push air particles around like crazy, and with it, any viral droplets that could be present.
- It is suggested, not mandatory that stylists wear gloves. I will not be wearing gloves while I cut your hair. I’ve tried, and it impeeds my dexterity and accidentally cutting them can ruin my insanely expensive sheers. Rest assured I will be washing my hands thoroughly before you come in, and I will Purell frequently.
- Have you had a cough or sore throat in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had a fever or feel feverish in the last 2 weeks?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Have you experienced a lack of taste or smell in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been around anyone displaying these symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- Are you living with anyone sick or quarantined?
- Have you been out of the state in the last 2 weeks?
WILL YOU CHARGE LESS TO ACCOMMODATE NO SHAMPOOS OR BLOWDRYS (OR FOR PORCH SERVICES):
Unfortunately, no. My cost of operation has increased substantially, I’ve had to decrease in working days at the salon, I can’t book as many people per day, and my rent is still the same. My goal is to not increase prices to make up for this mathematical nightmare (which most salons ARE doing), so I greatly appreciate your understanding in this regard as I try to keep this reasonable for everyone.
ASK ME ABOUT COMING TO YOU:
Do you have a large family and want everyone done at once? If you have an outdoor area I can work, I am happy to consider coming to you and doing a whole family day. There will be a $50 travel fee for this in addition to my regular rates.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact me. You are NOT bothering me. If you have suggestions on how to do things safer – I am ALL EARS.